13 Dec 10 Little known Tips to Support Your Immune System
“Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face.” ~ Victor Hugo
- Laugh more. Studies show that humour helps strengthen immunity. Laughing decreases your stress hormones and increases endorphins. Enjoy watching funny films, comedians or reading funny books, you’re not wasting time, you’re being responsible about your health!
- Don’t exercise too much. You heard correctly. Moderate exercise is shown to help strengthen immune function. Conversely, extremely high levels of exercise can negatively impact and weaken your immune system.
- Engage in kind actions. Empathy and kindness can strengthen our immune systems and make us happier. Listen to Dr Rangan Chatterjee’s great podcast episode about this with Dr David Hamilton – it’s really interesting.
- Try immune supporting supplements. Unique ingredients shown to fight viruses and bacteria are bee propolis, black elderberry, olive leaf & beta glucans. Find them all in Bee prepared immune supplements (daily & max strength).
- Stress less. Did you know that excess anxiety can increase levels of cortisol which has been shown to suppress immune function? Natural ingredients that are shown to help are lemon balm, passion flower, rhodiola & lion’s mane mushroom (find them in Bee calm supplements).
- Stop the stinking thinking. Negativity is shown to impact health and supress immune function. Shift to gratitude and shimmy out of negative thinking patterns.
- Get plenty of sleep. It’s proven to be critical for immune function. A few natural ingredients shown in studies to help include Montmorency cherry, hops, magnesium, saffron & griffonia seed (find them all in Bee rested supplements).
- Avoid sugar. Eat a nutrient rich diet and limit sugar and foods that turn into sugar in the body like refined white carbs and alcohol. Bacteria thrives on sugar.
- Eat plenty of high quality protein– it helps immune cells fight viral and bacterial infections.
- Look after your gut health– eat gut healthy foods and take a good quality probiotic like Optibac.