27 Feb Energy boosting and brain fog blasting berry, chia & bee pollen smoothie pots
This energy and focus boosting recipe is the bees knees (sorry). According to a number of nutritionists we’ve spoken to, one of the top complaints they get from their clients is feeling tired all the time. Life these days is busy and stressful and many of us are feeling anxious with everything that’s going on which drains us of energy & can cause brain fog and lack of focus.
Adjusting to new ways of living, whether working from home or home schooling can take its toll and sap us of energy. It’s easy to grab snacks or junk food rather than make a meal or eat something healthy but poor eating habits and consuming too much sugar can make matters worse making us feel even more worn out. In addition, stats show alcohol consumption has dramatically increased which can exacerbate the feeling of feeling fatigued and run down.. Life is all about balance though, and sometimes a slice of chocolate cake or a cold G & T is just what a situation calls for. But make sure you balance things out with nourishing foods to help keep your energy levels up & your brain firing on all cylinders.
For a simple & tasty dairy, gluten and sugar free energising breakfast or pudding try these pretty little pots packed with goodness & health benefits. You can make the chia pudding the night before, so all you have to do in the morning is make the smoothie and then add everything else into the jar which only takes a couple of minutes. The mix of the yoghurt with the berries and chia pudding is so deliciously sweet and creamy!
Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants, fibre and omega 3’s but we kick it up even further by adding in the concentrated capsule contents of Bee Energised energy and focus boosting supplements- Bee energised contains nutrients that help maintain a steady stream of energy throughout the day, without the jitters and crashes. The ingredients include organic bee pollen, matcha tea, spirulina, ginseng, green tea leaf plus rosemary extract & rose hips along with Vitamin B6 & Vitamin B12. Benefits build with time to help resolve ongoing issues of fatigue. Did you know that bee pollen is the only food known to contain the full spectrum of vitamins, minerals & amino acids? It’s nature’s multivitamin! Details for this energy and focus boosting recipe below.
- Chia Pudding
- 3 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- Handful of blackberries or other berries if you prefer
- 1 tsp açaí powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond or oat milk
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Middle Layer
- About 6 tbsp of dairy free yoghurt
- Handful of blueberries
- Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- Splash of almond, soya or oat milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 Bee Prepared Bee Energised capsule
- Top Layer
- 3 tbsp of dairy free yoghurt
- Make the chia pudding the night before. To make the chia pudding – put the chia seeds into a sealable container. Blend the blackberries with the coconut milk and aćaí powder. Pour the mixture in with the chia seeds and give it a good stir until well combined. Seal the container and leave in the fridge overnight to set and thicken.
- The following day, make your berry smoothie by adding the ingredients to blender and process until smooth and creamy. To help blend better, add more milk as required but you want a thick consistency.
- You’re now ready to assemble everything. Add 3/4 of the chia pudding into a small/medium sized jar. Add the yoghurt, followed by a handful of blueberries and then the smoothie. Add the rest of the chia pudding and then top with more yoghurt and berries. Sprinkle with bee pollen if desired.
Recipe by Sophia Galpin x