25 Mar Immune Support Purple Cauliflower & Roasted Garlic Dip
Immune supporting dip recipe that is ridiculously tasty.
This hummus dip recipe is extremely delicious and has a jazzy immune system supporting twist as well with the contents of a couple of Bee prepared immune formula capsules mixed in. It’s also delightful to look at! You can use regular cauliflower but if you can get your mitts on a purple cauliflower, then whoever is lucky enough to dip bread or chips in that stuff is going to be seriously bedazzled. We are talking lilac coloured dip that looks funky & fun & tastes simply sublime.
Before we crack on though, you may be wondering- why on earth is some cauliflower purple? Well, it’s just a type that has anthocyanins – flavonoids with antioxidant effects which also kick up the nutrition value. Blueberries have anthocyanins too. If you’re nosey like us, you may be wondering if it tastes any different. The texture is very similar to white cauliflower, but the purple version is a teeny bit nuttier tasting and a tad sweeter, which makes it a great tag team partner with the roasted garlic.
The tasty immune supporting cauliflower dip recipe is below but we’re not sticklers- you can get a bit jiggy with this- adding a bit more or less will probably still result in a damn fine dip. Want to pop in something extra like chick peas? It doesn’t really need it but you won’t be arrested for going that route but this lineup below is pretty faultless.
Immune Supporting Hummus Dip Recipe ->
- 1 purple cauliflower, washed, trimmed, and cut into pieces
- 1-2 large garlic cloves- cut one end off so it cooks, but allows the skin keeps it from overcooking
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Sprinkle of ground cumin & red pepper flakes if desired
- Sea salt & pepper to taste. A dash of nutmeg wouldn’t go amiss if you have some.
- Capsule contents of 2-3 Bee prepared immune formula supplements (they blend bee propolis, black elderberry, olive leaf, (by the way- those 3 ingredients all have natural antibiotic & antiviral properties), acerola cherry & more plant based ingredients). Find Bee prepared in Holland & Barrett & Revital (now 20% off) as well as on Ocado (click here).
- Preheat the oven to 225c
- Pop the cauliflower florets & garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil, add the salt, pepper, cumin & pepper flakes & drizzle with olive oil. & mix with your hands.
- Seal the foil into a little pouch & roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until it begins to caramelize.
- When the garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze out of the skin & pop it in with the cauliflower, garlic, lemon juice & tahini into a food processor or Nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides when needed. If too thick add a bit more olive oil or a bit of water.
- Tip out into a bowl & stir in the Bee prepared capsule contents (throw out the capsules) & adjust seasonings.
- Spoon into a pretty bowl & try to keep the greedy people who be gathering round at this point from eating it all in one go.
Serve it with bread or take tortillas (the one we used are gluten free) & pop them in a skillet with some butter or olive oil, flipping occasionally until they are golden and crispy & cut into wedges. You could do the same with pita bread.
Side bar idea as an added bonus:
Scoop some into an avocado half & if you want to be a show off, you could top with pistachios & pomegranate seeds. Literally no one will stop you.