01 Feb Immune Support Horchata With Cinnamon and Turmeric
This Mexican style drink is easy to make and has some special ingredients to help provide natural immune system support. Horchata is a chilled drink, usually made with rice, vanilla and cinnamon and some versions contain nuts and seeds which are soaked overnight. This recipe is far simpler and takes about 5 minutes and is a blend of coconut and almond milk with fresh turmeric (use powdered if you don’t have fresh), with the capsule contents of Bee Prepared Max Strength Immune Support added in.
When used together, turmeric and Bee Prepared immune formula bring a wide range of antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties to the party (Bee prepared blends propolis, elderberry, olive leaf, reishi , acerola cherry & more) and help support immune function. The flavour is kicked up with a few extra goodies- you’ll be amazed at how delicious (& pretty) this drink is. It can be served warm as well, making it similar to a turmeric latte. A well functioning immune system is crucial when bugs, flu, viruses and hay fever are making the rounds.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 400 ml tin of full-fat coconut milk
- 100 ml almond or oat milk
- 400 ml water
- 1/3 cup good quality, preferably raw honey- we love Wainwrights & Toca Honey.
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 thumb size piece of fresh turmeric (or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric)
- 2-3 capsules Bee prepared immune formula
- Pinch of sea or pink salt.
- Peel and grate the turmeric if using fresh. Add all of your ingredients to a pan.
- Over a low heat, stir until the honey is melted and everything is well mixed and then remove from the heat.
- Let cool down a good bit, then open up the Bee Prepared capsules and empty the powder in.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or Nutribullet and blend until completely smooth.
- Pop the horchata into a pitcher and leave in the fridge to cool for a few hours.
- Once chilled remove from the fridge and give it a good stir as sometimes coconut milk can separate.
Pour into glasses and serve with ice if desired and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This tasty Horchata which also provides natural immune system support might make you feel like shouting ole’.
Find Bee prepared immune formula max in health stores including Planet Organic.
RECIPE by Sophia Galpin x